(1) Tart Cherry Smoothies - Tart cherries have been shown to promote muscle recovery, so I include them in smoothies in the days before and after long runs, if not more often! I either use Cheribundi Tart Cherry Juice (my favorite) or Dynamic Health Tart Cherry Concentrate.
(2) PB & Apple Oatmeal - this is pretty much my go-to breakfast these days, and especially before long runs! It's quick, simple and filling. The fiber from the oats + apple and the protein & fat in the PB make this one breakfast that really energizes me throughout the entire morning.
(3) Grapefruit & Walnut Salad - I recently revitalized this recipe (it was one of my first blog posts!) with new pictures and when I did, I was reminded of why it's one of my favorites! The grapefruit is a great source of immune boosting Vita C and walnuts + avocado provide a hearty dose of healthy fats. And did you know a grapefruit a day is associated with a healthier weight for women? Read more here.
(4) Oven Roasted Veggie Pizza - We've been making a lot of homemade pizza as of late. In fact, in the last week alone we hosted two pizza parties. I prefer pizza from scratch versus store bought or take-out. This recipe includes oven roasted veggies, but the options for toppings are endless. Just be sure to include plentiful veggies, in honor of National Nutrition Month and all ;) (This recipe is coming soon!)
(5) Colorful Kale Salad - Because in the dead of winter, I turn to my food to brighten my day. Colorful greens, sweet dried fruit and crunchy chickpeas for the win!
As I said, these are a few of my go-to favorite recipes as of late. Hope you will use them as inspiration to "Bite into Healthy Eating" this month!
Kristen Chang is Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) and triathlete residing in southwest Virginia with her husband and dogs. Follow along as she shares favorite fueling recipes, general wellness and sport nutrition tips and stories from her athletic endeavors.
Tart Cherry & Orange Sports Drink
Crew Report: Tahoe Rim 100
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Stress Buster Trail Mix
Lessons Learned From Gardening
Training Updates: 2nd Quarter 2017
Mason Jar Chia Berry Cheesecakes (The Recipe Redux)
Race Report: Kinetic Half
Thank You Body
Proud Athlete Of
© 2017 Kristen Chang and RealFoodForFuel, LLC. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kristen Chang and RealFoodForFuel, LLC with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
|Real Food For Fuel||
Real Food For Fuel Blog