- November 23, 2015- Kristen presented a seasonal seminar at RunAbout Sports Roanoke on the topic of "Mindful Munching for a Healthier Holiday Season." Read more about her presentation and food demonstration of Pumpkin Pie Parfaits here. Her next seminar at RunAbout Sports will likely be in March 2016.
- October 17th, 2015: Kristen finished off her 2015 racing season at the Beach to Battleship Full (140.6 distance triathlon) in Wilmington, NC, placing first in her age group (25-29 F), 8th overall and setting a 50 minute PR for the distance. Read the full race report here!
- October 1, 2015- Kristen was a featured contributor to an article on the "Performance Plate" for Outside Online. The article, How to Navigate the Energy Bar Aisle for Peak Performance," discusses key factors to consider in choosing an energy bar for during or immediately after exercise or as a quick grab n' go snack.
- September 11-12, 2015 - Kristen race the Patriot Half (1/2 Ironman distance triathlon) and presented a sports nutrition seminar "Mastering Race Day Nutrition" for participants in Williamsburg, VA. Kristen discussed be top tips for mastering race day nutrition to help triathletes perform at their best and went on to set a new personal record for the distance the next day! For more information regarding Kristen's talk, click here. For the fuel race report, visit here.
- July 14, 2015 - Kristen was the opening speaker for the 2015 High Performance Distance Academy, which includes approximately 200 high school runners preparing for the upcoming cross country season. Read more on her seminar, "Fuel Right, Train Hard," here.
- June 23, 2015 - Kristen hosted the sports nutrition seminar "Heat & Hydration" in collaboration with University Physical Therapy of Roanoke and RunAbout Sports Roanoke.
- June 17, 2015 - Kristen hosted a supermarket tour with Town of Blacksburg employees to discuss best strategies in shopping for health and budget. The tour covered everything from buying and storing produce to reading the ingredient label on food packages and more!
- June 6-7, 2015 - Kristen recently gave a sports nutrition seminar "Mastering Race Day Nutrition" and raced at the USAT Mid-Atlantic Championship (Jamestown Triathlon) in Williamsburg, VA. Kristen discussed be top tips for mastering race day nutrition to help triathletes perform at their best! For more information regarding Kristen's talk, click here. For more information about the Virginia-Maryland Triathlon Series, visit: VTSMTS.com.
- May 14, 2015- Kristen participated in the Kipps ES Fit Family Night by talking with kids and their parents about healthy snacking. Participants sampled Quinoa Energy Balls, which were a hit! Thanks to Kipps ES staff for the energy you put into such a fun event!
- April 29, 2015- Kristen offered a Lunch n' Learn session to the Town of Blacksburg employees on "Food & Your Mood." Participants enjoyed an interactive session discussing the many ways our daily dietary choices affect our mood and cognitive function and vice versa! Participants also enjoyed a food demo and tasting of Kristen's Dark Chocolate Fruit n' Nut Cups!
- March 1, 2015- March is National Nuritiion Month! Kristen will be partaking in many fun events, including two presentations on how to "Bite into Healthy Eating." Mid-month Kristen will be visiting a health professions class and sharing about the profession of being a Registered Dietitian and the importance of nutrition with high school students in Winchester, VA. At the end of the month, Kristen will be hosting "Mission Nutrition" at The Weight Club to talk with athletes on how to best fuel their diets for performance.
- March 6, 2015- Kristen was a proud participant in the UVA Running Medicine Clinic at the UVA Darden School of Business, where she had the opportunity to learn more about sports nutrition specifically for runners and interact with physicians and physical therapists across the mid-east region.
- March 24, 2015- Kristen will join two other dietitians in presenting at the Southwest Virginia Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Spring Meeting. The topic is Nutrition Literacy: Design and Delivery of Effective Print and e-Communications. Learn more here!
- March 28, 2015- Kristen is partnering with The Weight Club in Blacksburg to present "Mission Nutrition" to members (and non-members) with an emphasis on fueling tips and guidelines to assist athletes in optimizing their time at the gym! The event is open to all, and registration is available at The Weight Club, 801 University City Blvd, Blacksburg, VA.
- February 24, 2015- Kristen spoke at the newly formed Veg Club at Virginia Tech. She shared about her journey as an athlete in becoming a dietitian, why she adapted a vegetarian "plant-based" lifestyle and her current roles as a dietitian today. Learn more about the Veg Club here!