What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
What is a Sports Dietitian?
Common responsibilities of a Sports Dietitian include*:
- Counseling individuals and groups on daily nutrition for performance and health
- Translating the latest scientific evidence into practical sports nutrition recommendations
- Serving as a food and nutrition resource for coaches, trainers, and parents
- Providing sports nutrition education for health/wellness programs, athletic teams, and community groups
- Maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice
Top 10 Reasons to Consult a Sports Dietitian*
- You want to improve exercise or sports performance.
- You want to gain muscle mass or lose body fat.
- You want to gain muscular strength and power.
- You want to increase stamina and endurance.
- You want ideas for food to eat before, during, and after exercise or sport.
- You want to choose the best fluids to drink before, during, and after exercise or sport.
- You want to make better food choices and need ideas for buying and preparing food.
- You have food allergies or intolerances and want to know the best choices for your condition and how food and medicine interact.
- You experience gastrointestinal problems that keep you from performing at your best and you seek solutions.
- You are an athlete who has a medical condition and you want nutrition guidance and a personal meal plan.